Call for Papers ...
(Update, 15 June 2009: The call for papers is now closed.)
We invite proposals for a three-day conference which will mediate on the possibilities and limitations of ethical and/or therapeutic practice in life writing genres. Possible topics might consider, but are not limited to, the areas of:
- Life narrative as therapy
- Life narrative and self-help
- The ethical and methodological challenges of life writing
- Theorising ethics in life writing studies
- Ethical scholarship—how to avoid the “pleasures of merely circulating”
- The ethics of relational and/or collaborative life writing—writing about friends and family in ‘your’ story
- Writing social justice causes: ethics vs. ‘the cause’
- The story of the story; literary ethics
- The relationship between ethics, politics and economics in life writing
- Ethical reading and witnessing
- The ethical marketing and consumption of life writing
- Ethical commemoration
- Digital media/life writing and ethics
We are particularly seeking articles that explore contemporary ethical issues and life writing examples. We encourage submissions on all forms of life writing across all media.
If you've any queries about the conference, please get in touch with the conference convenors by email: Dr Kylie Cardell or Dr Kate Douglas.
Call for Papers
Masterclass with Margaretta Jolly